We all deserve a treat every so often. Rich and velvety, this simple-to-make brownie has a fun pink twist with the addition of the JUX Beetroot.
Rehydrating the Beetroot adds not only vibrant colour but makes for a great crunchy topping when serving. Keep for an afternoon boost, or serve with cream for an indulgent pudding.
Makes about 18 brownies.
- JUX Beetroot, 2 tablespoons and a pinch to serve
- 3 medium eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 300g (or 2 packets) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Sea salt, a pinch
- Grease a medium-sized shallow baking tin and line with baking paper and heat the oven the 180 degrees
- Place the butter and 250g of the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place over a pan of boiling water, set aside and leave to melt slowly
- Chop the remaining chocolate and line the base of the tin
- Add the JUX Beetroot to a small bowl, and add 2 tablespoons of water
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until combined
- Beat in the melted chocolate and butter until smooth
- Add the salt to the flour, sift over the chocolate mixture and fold in
- Fold in the JUX Beetroot
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 25-30 mins. Use a knife to make sure the brownies are done by inserting into the centre so they come out with a few moist crumbs