Did you know protein is a 'Jack-of-all-trades' in the body?
Whether it's breaking down food in your gut, promoting new skin growth, building muscle or strengthening your bones, protein wears many hats.
That's one of the many reasons protein-rich foods are essential for post-workout recovery.
We whipped up this smoothie with our friends at Psycle when we spent the day down at their London spin studios. It's the perfect post-workout recovery snack, packed with protein, fibre, and a load of micronutrients, as well as tasting absolutely delicious!
- 350ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- A handful of fresh or frozen strawberries
- A handful of mixed frozen berries
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein (optional!)
- 1 tbsp JUX Beetroot
- Simple add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- This will come out nice and thick, so if you prefer a more liquid smoothie, top up with added water or milk to achieve your desired consistency.
Enjoy before anyone else steals it, but don't forget to send us a pic!
Tried this recipe? Have a recipe of your own you want to share? Tag us @juxfood or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.