This tasty JUX Herb Butter Ball doesn’t take long, and is a winner at a drinks party or as a Starter served with fresh bread. Our herbs take the flavour to the next level, and bring a fresh-look to the creamy butter.
You can also make a batch to keep in the freezer: it goes fabulously with meat and fish dishes. You’ll need a small rounded bowel to set the butter. If you can, use good-quality butter. You’ll notice the difference in taste!
- 250g butter
- JUX herb of your choice! In this recipe we used a mix of JUX Oregano, Parsley and Garlic
- (optional, to serve) Bread of your choice, such as a loaf of crusty sourdough
- Take the butter out of the fridge for an hour to soften. You want it so it’s just starting to melt at the edges
- Add a pinch of salt, if you’ve used unsalted butter
- Beat the butter with a spoon until it’s creamy
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of your JUX herb of choice
- Scoop the butter into the small bowl, and leave in the fridge for at least an hour to set
- When you’re ready to service, flash-heat the outside of the butter bowl with hot water and tip upside down on to a serving dish
- Serve on a board with fresh, crusty bread of your choice - ready for dipping!
Eat it before anyone else does, but don't forget to send us a pic!
Tried this recipe? Have a recipe of your own you want to share? Tag us @juxfood or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.